If you guessed RED, then come on in for a tour of our Powder Room...
If you didn't guess RED~Hi. I am Ruby Red Slippers-we have never met, have we? Check out any of my "Come On In" Posts. Then you may come in and use the Powder Room...
The Elements of Style in Our Powder Room:
A silver tray filled with perfume, hand cream, room spray...
Go ahead! Use some-I put it there for you-NOT my boys!

A Reed Diffuser so what you smell in here is cranberry goodness....
A Reed Diffuser so what you smell in here is cranberry goodness....
...NOT stinky little boy smell...
A variety of hand soaps that are chunky, but functional....
...and a funky night light...

....more decorative soap-because when the little boys DO sneak in here-
....more decorative soap-because when the little boys DO sneak in here-
My sister was the one to remind me this was a BATHROOM, and that was not the appropriate saying for this room...(yes, insert YOUR bathroom humor jokes right here!)
...So that idea was ditched, and now I am still waiting for inspiration for that wall.
Any ideas for that big, blank, red wall? I was thinking of doing a wall of all kinds of crosses...but what do you think?
(...and if you are over the age of eighteen, feel free to use this room. If you are a kid, the bathroom for you is right up the stairs and take left. Oh! But~Take a parent-that bathroom is a tad bit troublesome...)
(...Boys~ that perfume is not for you, but for our nice guests!)




18 comments:
OK, it's a done deal now...when can I move in? LOL!
Red is my all-time favorite color...I come from Arkansas Razorback country, remember? Red is THE color! I love your decorating style and, yes, I think a wall of crosses would look great! It would definitely make a statement, especially on your red walls. I say go for it!
I just love your bathroom!! It's beautiful - even with the cross saying! I wish I was brave enough to paint a room red!
I love red, too! Our family room is red, although I think it makes the room to dark-not enough light comes in.
I love your powder room. A wall of crosses would be great-maybe you could go to Hobby Lobby and add a couple of decorative mirrors (you know the ones that are mirrored with a wood scrolling over it) into the mix-just a thought!!
A big red wall? I have no idea. I haven't hung anything in our pretty bathroom yet either. I don't know what I am waiting for. Maybe paint for the walls. Or maybe I am just a procrastinator....who knows!
You can find letters and paint them gold which say, "No boys allowed." I know it doesn't go with the cross so I guess that doesn't work. I'll think about it. LOL. I love how your bathroom looks. Very classy.
Of course I guessed red!! You have the cutest home!
I really like the white/cream against that wall where you have the cross. Maybe you can find a bigger version of a cross to hang in that space?
LOVE IT! I have to share a bathroom with my kids. I hate that! I am working on a post to show you all how I managed to decorate for young ones AND me. I think I did pretty good. I used your tips for valances (using my hot glue gun of course)!
You do red... I do purple... LOL!
Our bathrooms are sooooo small... i am so coveting your nice big room!
WE are remodeling this year... and my bathrooms are going to be big girls like your bathroom.
So lovely!
Love your powder bath! What a big space. I love the color and all the accessories!
I love the red color....it's just beautiful. Sometimes I see rooms painted red and they are an orange red...your red is perfect. Your little treasures that you used to decorate...are the icing on the cake!!!
You are to much fun.
I love red too.
Your decor is great.
WOW! It is so very pretty!! I need to kick my boys out of one of my bathrooms...thanks for the idea! I need just one of them to not have a puddle of urine behind the toliet minutes after I have cleaned it! :0)
Mrs. Nurse Boy
A wall of crosses would be fun. Or you could frame the one you have onto material. Like what the nester did with the shrimp fork.
I did one in our bath. It took up the whole wall. Very dramatic. And us girls are all about the drama!
http://girlystuffin.blogspot.com/2008/09/rub-my-what.html
Lovely powder room! The other day my youngest son came out of the bathroom smelling a tad bit funny--he had put on his sister's perfume!
Just lovely! I think a wall of crosses would be great in that space! :)
Sigh, Supermommy deserves her own powder room. Lovely.
I think a collection of crosses would look great! I need to put a tray in my bathroom too. Love that idea!
I like your bathroom. I love red, too!
Post a Comment