Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Come On In: I've Got Fleur De Lis Fever


Spring around here brings birds (more on that another time...) and Fleurs De Lis. I have Fleur De Lis Fever, and I thought you would like to see what the fuss is all about...Maybe you will catch the FEVER as well~(This is a Fleur De Lis, by the way.)

Let me clarify~ This is NOT about my "love" for New Orleans Saints! (No offense if you are a fan-I am only a Losing Lions fan...) But My boys are under the impression that I must adore the Saints...I guess that is fine~






The Saints DO have fantastic taste in helmets...and you can never go wrong with black, white and tan! Do my boys know their decorating, or what?!


There are Fleurs De Lis in the Kitchen~



There are a bunch of Fleurs De Lis in the Family Room~




(This last one -the gray one-will soon be brown...just as soon as the weather improves enough for me to spray paint it in the garage...)

I even have some Fleurs De Lis in the Front Room~



This fever is not contagious (that I am aware of~), but it usually passes in a few months...just in time for Fall decorating~
post signature
(What fever have you caught?)

18 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Either it's Le Fleur fever of "hobby lobby" fever...not sure what you have..wink!

Well, I have been known to collect a stone "bird" or two~
sandy toe

Julie said...

those are fun, I don't think I collect much of anything... flat is too small, maybe one day... those are all so cute!

Anonymous said...

The only fever I've got is 'I wanna move soon and have my own house to decorate' fever.

Does that count? I do love the fleurs de lis, it is French after all and I love all things French.

April said...

Hmm...I'm thinking a certain someone (who shall remain nameless!) has been saving a little too much money at Hobby Lobby lately. Wonder who?

Leah said...

I love zebras so there are small reminders of that through the house.

Dawn said...

love them!! very net that you ahve them spread all about. and i love your new photo- and the family one, too!

Girly Stuff said...

I think it IS contagious...my friend had it as well.

Everything is looking good!!

Jill said...

My "current" fever is - crosses and birds...
Darling blog!
Blessings!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

(For the record-I bought all these BEFORE the Hobby Lobby moved in! However...I now have a few more because of HL!)

HeatherPride said...

This reminds me of college. You weren't a Kappa, were you? My BFF was a Kappa Kappa Gamma and we had fleur di lis everywhere too!

Ms. Tee said...

I was thinking the same thing about HL - love all your fleurs! :)

Janelle said...

Everything looks fantastic.

I have the tearing down walls fever. We just tore one kitchen wall half way down and built a sitting bar. I feel like I'm in a new house...the open feeling fever is contagious!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I love fleur de lis as well! So pretty and charming!
Carrie

Unknown said...

I didn't even know what they were. Sometimes I wish I was cooler! Thank you for teaching me today! : )

Anonymous said...

Not contagious, eh?
I suddenly feel the need to paint one...or sculpt one...or....or...;)

Yours all look so darling!

Sandra said...

I have swirly fever... any swirly thing..like your wire scultures...

I can't get enough of swirly iron work.

I have it every. where.

2 Little Irish Boys said...

Funny, I was just in HL today checking out all the fleur de list-I was thinking about spray paint to. I love to spray paint things. I have got the bright fever-cute bright outdoor metal table things at HL!!

Kelli said...

I was in Hobby Lobby last night and thought of you because I saw a entire shelf of these.