Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Early Mother's Day Gift...Closed-Head Injury NOT Included!

I am skipping the Esther Post today to show off my new gift from my family. I was fortunate to receive my Mother's Day gift early this year, and I have put it to good use already. Take a peek:
I hate to admit this, but I also crashed on it too when one of my older sons cut me off accidentally. I won't name names...because he felt terrible. (But I will say: Remember to wear your helmets ladies!!-"helmet hair" is much better than a closed head injury!)
At the shop, they installed a baby seat for my Special Someone:
This week, for Someone's birthday~My Little Guy and I biked down to the Root Beer Stand which is by a lake near us. He had some ketchup...and a few fries. I had a hamburger. We shared the root beer. Yum.
Pictures? You want to see pictures?!
Do you think I would show my "helmet hair" to the world??!!
Actually, I would- but I couldn't fit the camera, cell phone and money in my back pocket...So the camera was left behind. But I have the memory of celebrating an early birthday lunch with my Little Guy (-who sings as he eats things he loves-and trust me-he was humming away as he ate his greasy fries!) ...in my heart.

Thank You Tin Man and Boys!

post signature

(No-it is not red. Pink is my color of choice in clothes...and bikes!)

24 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Cute bike! Little guy and I have something in common - my husband thought that it was funny when we started dating, but I would hum when I ate something I loved. I wouldn't even notice I was doing it. I don't do it as much anymore, but it pops up from time to time. Funny!

April said...

Look out Lance Armstrong! That is one snazzy set of wheels you have there! How sweet of your guys to do that for you! Please be careful on it and don't have any more wrecks! Hope your little one has a very happy birthday...sounds like the celebration has already begun!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh how fun!
sandy toe

Unknown said...

Congrats on the bike! I've been wanting one myself, but don't want to ride alone and can't convince the hubby to join me (yet).

What is it with kids and ketchup? My granddaughter can eat 1/2 a bottle with just one french fry!

Mommy Mac said...

Love the bike! That's on my wishlist too!

Great exercise and a built-in air conditioner!!!


Mamas and their baby boys are like fries and ketch-up.

They go great together.

.mac :)

Leah said...

Great bike. By the sounds of it you will enjoy it for a long time.
I love going on 'dates' with my little guy so I know you will treasure that memory.

trish said...

Oh you lucky girl! :o) What a fun ride you and your special little man took. :o) I am sorry about your accident. I hope you are feeling well soon.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Dawn said...

i love your gift!!! and the memroy that you have stitched into your heart with your little guy :) moments like that are priceless... and too hard to capture on film anyway!

of course you are reminding me of my bike... that i got as a mother's day gift a few years ago... that is in my garage with a flat tire... hmmm... gotta work on that!

Jessica said...

What a cool Mother's Day gift! You must be one happy Mom!

By the way, I'm not sure if you noticed or not, but I added you to the list of blogs I am following, feel free to stop over at my blog and do the same!

Have a Happy Thursday! =-)

Lindsay-ann said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new pink bike (well most of the time)!! Hope you were not hurt when you crashed.
Sounds like you had an enjoyable time with 'someone' at the lake helmet hair and all!
I am bikeless at the moment. Jessica grew out of her bike and took mine last year.
Lindsay

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Now THAT'S my kind of bike ride...one where the destination is food. I am sure the ride home took care of all the calories and fat ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

2 Little Irish Boys said...

What a great gift and sweet memory! I need to jump my big bottom side on my bike-ugh!!

Michelle said...

I love your new ride!! My oldest had a horrible bike wreck 2 years ago (knocked both front teeth out & fractured his palate) thank God he was wearing a helmet the Drs said he could've been in a life or death situtation without the helmet so we always wear helmets!

Janelle said...

How awesome to get a bike for Mother's Day. Tin Man did great! I think I will share this post with my hubby so he'll go out and buy me something "big!" Tim Man has raised the bar...lol

About Southern Belle said...

Aw, what a sweet memory for you and your baby and a great gift for mothers day!

You mentioned the Root Beer Stand and now I am craving a cold glass of root beer more then anything, lol.

When DH asks if he needs to stop by the grocery store on his way home from work today, I'll know what to ask for. = )

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Love the pink bike! Very cute! I was thinking of asking for a bike myself...Hmmm!! Will need a helmet, too. I don't know if I even remember how to ride!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

What a great gift!! I bet you would look so cute with or without helmet hair, though! :)
Carrie

Kristin said...

That is so awesome. I know I love my pajama pink Electra bike with pink hearts. My dear husband gave it to me one year for Christmas. I just love it! I hope you enjoy your bike as much as I do mine!

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

I can't wait to ride our bikes together!!!

edie said...

I'm just the teeniest bit jealous! I need a new bike so badly. The girls and I do a fair amount of biking around our neighborhood and only about 4 of my 21 gears work. But that'll probably come after the sewing machine and the apron sink and the new patio furniture....ie, it could be a while!

Those boys are too cute!

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Oh how fun....oh come on, we love you with your bike helmet hair. :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a fabulous gift! A new bike...yeah!

Your boys have got to be three of the cutest little boys ever...what jewels. Happy Mother's Day!

Love your blog,
Stay Cozy, Carrie

Girly Stuff said...

It is too cute! I'm glad you didn't need stitches or neosporin.

Happy early Mother's Day!

Ms. Tee said...

What a cute bike! I'm sure you'd be cute with helmet hair, too :)
Happy early mom's day!