You Know You Are A LIONS Fan When~...You pull your kids out of school in April (yesterday-) and take them to the
unveiling of the new Lions logo:
...You know SOMEONE should be napping, but you risk poor behavior and take him anyway:
(They are HUGE ~by the way!)
...You go to the event not knowing all three of your boys will be given FREE Lions shirts:

You know you are a LIONS fan~
... the only thought in your head is about how fat you will appear on camera for the local news, but you do it anyways because your oldest son is a die-hard fan...



(Pictures were graciously taken by my Tin Man-You don't think I went to do this on my own, did you?!)
but showed no fear going up on stage with the Lions Management team.)
You know you are a LIONS fan~
...when you "coach" your Pittsburgh Steelers-Loving son to say "I LOVE the Lions."
But when he is interviewed by the local news, he still says how much he "loves Pittsburgh...and oh yeah-Calvin Johnson, the only good player on the Lions team"...(Oh yes, he did!)
(Doesn't the camera add like thirty pounds or something like that?!)
You know you are a Lions fan when~
they haven't won a championship in your lifetime-but your hope still springs eternal that next year will be the year...EVERY year.

(...Who is always a LIONS fan for my boys!)

(Pictures were graciously taken by my Tin Man-You don't think I went to do this on my own, did you?!)



24 comments:
First and foremost, I think you look beautiful, so hush with the negativity...you hear me? :)
Now, I can only imagine how big of a deal that must have been for your boys...for your entire family! I cracked up when I read what your son said during his interview. Hey, the boy is entitled to have his own opinions, right? LOL! Were you on TV?
I was beginning to send a big shout out your way for taking the boys by yourself, then I saw the disclaimer that Tin Man went, too! What fun that must that must have been! I love the pictures you posted! I bet your boys will remember that forever and a day!
What a great day! I don't blame you for taking the kids out of school because this only happens a few times and they will remember it forever. (Which is a lot to say because I am a teadcher, haha!)
I, too, love DDR! I want it for my Wii because I have it for the XBox, but the box is not always working. Bummer.
Have a great week!
I bet they had a wonderful time. Definitely a special memory made! What a great time missing school. Jackie
What a great time. Hector would take the kids out of school and drive to Boston to see the redsox players if we had the chance. Not a big football family down here but baseball, thats our game. That is a memory that they will have forever.
You look pretty in the pictures! Fun times! (but I'm a Cowboys fan)
how cool was that for you and the boys!!!
cannot wait to hear all about Tin Man's recipes!!!
I think you look gREAt! That color looks great on you! Okay...I chuckled with what you son said to the reporter...that is too funny!
sandy toe
What a fabulous day for your boys? Sometimes school is overrated-it is the real life stuff that is so cool:)Love that you guys had such a great day--excitement!!!
There is some fun in rooting for the underdog. It wouldn't be very interesting if they won every game...right?
You guys look great! Very newsworthy. I guess they know why the kids missed school...no lying and saying they had dentist's appointments!
You look fabulous and you all match. That is so like me.
My kids skipped school yesterday celebrating my son's 11th b-day at the Great Wolf Lodge. No guilty feelings here ;-)
Whatever, Rubes, you are beautiful!!
And how sweet are your brave boys with all that camera action going on!! I just want to take your baby's face in that first photo and smoooooooch it!!!
You are such a great Mommy. And so fantastically perfect : ). I can't see an ounce of anything that shouldn't be on you! Not one ounce. I would like to look as perfect as you. Oh yes I would.
Good for you guys for not being just fair weather fans! I think it is awesome that you pulled your kids out of school for that, it's a memory that will last forever!
How fun! You guys are adorable - I think you look great!
How fun that your boys got t-shirts too! They must have been thrilled!
XOOX
Jen
Sounds like a great day. Go tampa bay!!!!
Sounds like a fun and very memorable day for your boys!!
(Thank you for all your sweet comments about my weight-obviously it is my irritation in life, but I am married to a great cook and he knows what his food is doing to my body, and he's ok with it...LOL)
Looks like you had a wonderful day! I have to agree with everyone else you look beautiful in those pictures and in all the pictures on your blog.
Girl, I love that you guys are such diehard fans. (Being a Browns fan, I can understand your pain though). It looks like a great time!
Carrie
You are one rocking mom!! Definitely Lions fans! Love it!
I just love this. What a great memory you made for your boys! And you look fabulous by the way!
LuLu
How fun!! Sounds like you all had a great day with the Lions! I am sure your boys will remember this day!
I think it's hysterical that your son showed his loyalties for the Steelers on TV at a Lions event! Too funny! Love kids! They are so honest!
Oh and you look great BTW!!
WOW!! TV and everything! You guys are true celebs! Love that the whole family went and school was ummmm, SKIPPED for a bit!
Been absent for a bit as I have been busy as a bee, but I am back in blogland and my fingers couldn't be happier!!
Can't wait to catch up with all your posts!!!
.mac :)
I have enjoyed catching up with your blog today. I had been wondering how you were doing.
First of all you look great in the picture. You always look great, you are beautiful and have such a lovely smile. It looks like you all had fun at the Lions ceremony.
I enjoyed seeing all your Fleurs De Lis too and all the great pictures from your trip to the University of Michigan.
Glad to hear you have said goodbye to the snow now!
Lindsay
Post a Comment