Monday, April 13, 2009

Dinner Is Ready...Think Spring Chicken Salad

My boys are on Spring break (finally!). This is my favorite Spring recipe...I am making it for my mom and sister this week...
What you need to make Think Spring Chicken Salad:


Celery and onions-chopped up...






A Roast Chicken...




...chopped up.

(In case you are wondering~I do not have man hands-those are Tin Man's...)



You also need some Mayo-NOT, I repeat NOT- Miracle Whip-that could make you vomit...sorry-I am NOT a fan of Miracle Whip...


Hopefully you are still paying attention~because I have a super-secret ingredient that my MOM has passed down to me and Tin Man. This ingredient is what makes everyone LOVE our chicken salad...I am serious-everyone adores it...I really shouldn't be telling you-

but you are my nearest, and dearest friends...

You need Ground Cinnamon. I know, that is so weird, isn't it?

But it is soooo good. You just add a few shakes-or like us-a tablespoon or so~


Served on a croissant. Yum!

Things to add but are optional: seedless grapes, pecans or almonds, and pineapple.

(Hope you enjoy our Chicken Salad-Tin Man said to thank him~but I TOLD him to make it and I took the pictures, so really, you can thank me!)

post signature


(Don't forget the cinnamon! One of our friends loved this, but forgot which dish we added the cinnamon to, so she added it to her Chili...it was interesting, for sure!!!)

22 comments:

April said...

We all LOVE Chicken Salad around here! I've never heard of adding cinnamon to it, but, hey, I'm up for trying just about anything...with the exception of liver, of course! LOL!

Hope you have a fun Spring Break with your boys! Enjoy every moment!

April said...

Oh, and I love your new family photo, by the way! :)

Mrs. S. said...

That sandwich looked yummy!

Janene said...

I have never thought of adding cinnamon to my chicken salad!
That sounds so yummy, especially on a coissant!
I think that I will whip some of this up for lunch today.
Cinnamon huh? I will let you know how this goes over with my hubby!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Oh...I could eat that Chicken Salad right now...oh yum!
sandy toe

cinnamon hhmmm....I have done "curry" before:)

Kelli said...

I am BEYOND excited!!!! Thank you, thank you. I will be making this very, very soon...like this week soon.

Laura said...

Gotta try this! Thanks for posting!

Leah said...

You have now made me change my plans for lunch today.
Pizza can wait until tomorrow.
Yummy chicken salad.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Cinnamon? Really? I am going to trust you and try it...or maybe just come on over. I am sure it tastes better when someone else makes it, right?

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Keelie said...

You are so right--Miracle Whip is so gross! It's a MIRACLE that some people like it...

Annikke said...

I love me some good chicken salad! I've never made it though! (I too can gag at the thought of Miracle Whip...ick!)

2 Little Irish Boys said...

This recipe sounds sooo good. I hate miracle whip,too! Also, love all you new pictures you guys are a terrific looking family!! Love your new profile pic too!!

Mel said...

Ah ha! We also did chicken salad this arvie. I did a warm roasted butternut salad with chicken on rocket, basil and asian lettuce.

But this...with CINNAMON...this I gotta try. Am going to whip it up this weekend when we have guests. Thanks for sharing.

Quiche Me, I'm Yours! said...

Save some for me, we'll be home in a week! Miss you guys!!!!

~ Denise ~ said...

Yay for chicken salad...and this recipe sounds yummy! I agree about miracle whip...yuk! I usually make my chicken salad the same as yours except I put a chopped up Granny Smith apple in it. It's really good! ;)

Ms. Tee said...

This sounds sooo very good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I'm just getting back online after my spring break - enjoy your's with your boys! :)

Janelle said...

Pass it through the computer. That looks so tasty. Wow.

I love the family picture of your fam...Easter 2009!

Girly Stuff said...

This is one of my faves! I will be making it for sure WITH cinnamon! And pineapple.

Sandra said...

Chicken and cinnamon are actually pretty common in most countries... Morocco, India, Mexico....

So good! You are international!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Julie said...

that looks so good, I am going to try it, thanks!

Georgia Girl said...

This looks so delish. I love me some chicken salad! I agree Miracle Whip I am not a fan of....

Oh yeah I love me some Fleur de lis....something I found out what they were called from the blogging world...and yeah no fan of the Saints either.