Monday, April 20, 2009

Dinner Is Ready! (Don't Be A Turkey) Tacos

...and if you aren't over here, quick, it will be all gone!

Tacos are a favorite. We eat this almost once a week-However~We make it with a twist...





Sweetie~Don't take that yet!

I have to share the recipe and take a picture for the blog, Itchy Baby!


Everyone in this house is anxious to start eating our tacos, so I better hurry up...


I don't know how or why Tin Man and I started this, but even before the kids came along, we made our tacos with ground turkey.

It is a healthier version of the red meat ones, and it is so tasty that all our kids prefer them this way.

All you do is just substitute one pound of beef for one pound of ground (extra lean) ground turkey.


We (I am saying "we" but you know I mean Tin Man, right?) also make our

own pico de gillo-

Dice up one sweet vadalia onion, two big tomatoes, and a small bunch of cilantro (the best thing God ever created in our book-) and mix in a small bowl.

Add a dollop of sour cream, a dollop of guacamole (recipe for that this summer...), and a little shredded cheese-and you are done.


...and that makes a perfect taco.



post signature


(Tin Man makes his own chips, salsa, and guacamole-more on that soon!)

17 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

You all are just a bunch of "Emerils" over here!
sandy toe

Jessica said...

Tacos are delicious! I have never tried them with ground turkey though...sounds different and it sounds like you all add a lot of goodies to your taco...I love adding all kinds of stuff to my tacos!

April said...

Tacos are one of our favorite foods! I've never tried them with ground turkey; I, usually, make mine with chicken. Is there anything that Tin Man can't do? I think you should rent him out! LOL!

Leah said...

Yummy sounds good. I wonder if my DH would notice?
Probably not.
I switched to turkey sausage in most of my recipes and thought they tasted better.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but my eyes are teaming with tears from laughter... have you read Amie's latest post from Boy Story?... I have only just come from there, then straight to you, and, the only thing I can say is, I think that God knows I need a good laugh!!!...

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! I just read that back. Maybe it's not that funny... Maybe I've... oh, dear... have I put my foot in it... I hope you've eaten...

Anonymous said...

Mrs Red Slippers, don't go read Amie's post. I'm dreadful, truly dreadful. Wicked even... sorry... Your tacos look and sound scrummy, and I love them little hands reaching for the plate...

Anonymous said...

I'll go now...

Anonymous said...

I have loved seeing your new look - swisho!

Kelli said...

What time should I be over next week? I love tacos.

Annikke said...

How yummy! I can't wait for your, Oh, I mean Tin Man's summer recipes!

My husband makes some pretty good salsa too - we can compare notes later! ;-)

Janelle said...

Those look divine. We eat ground turkey too! How funny.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Looks yummy, as always! Can't wait for the gac recipe!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Ms. Tee said...

Yummm.I've never tried with turkey, now I'll have to. Pico de gallo is just about my favorite thing on the planet. :)

Mrs. S. said...

Yummy!!!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Delicious!!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I could totally eat tacos every day of the week. I have to add Mission jalapenos to mine. Can't wait to get the guac recipe! Mmmm - my mouth is watering!