
I might as well just spit this out-I know you are dying to know my secret...
I went to see the Hannah Montana movie.
What? You are having trouble reading that?
Fine.
I said, I went to see the Hannah Montana movie...
Still too small?? Oh Goodness Gracious!
I said, I went to see the Hannah Montana Movie!
...And I adored it.
I absolutely love musicals and romantic comedies. When I saw a preview of this movie, the music drew me in.
I HAD to see it opening weekend.
By myself.
I was too embarrassed to ask a friend to go with me.
The one friend I thought of (with a little girl as my cover) was out of town...
My husband thought I was going loony on him, and he refused before I finished the sentence.
("You mean that kid on DISNEY? Hon~Are you joking? I really don't want to pay a babysitter to go with you to see that..." I think that's about how THAT went down~)
I know-it is for girls much younger than myself, but that music is catchy!
I have never seen the show, and my boys don't watch it.
But-that girl can sing. I had to see it!
It was so good, I did end up taking my boys because I thought they would like it.
They said it was, "Ok."
Just OK? It was fantastic!
Don't boys know good entertainment these days?!
(Yes, I have now seen it twice-you're good...)
It is rated G, there is nothing objectionable in it, and she belts out quite a few good songs.
It is rated G, there is nothing objectionable in it, and she belts out quite a few good songs.
And the story line was very sweet.
~~~~~~~~~I think I am on a Tween Movie kick~because
I also saw the new Zac Ephron movie-17 Again....
I know-don't say it.

I'll say it for you-Ruby Red just might be a little loony.
In my defense, Tin Man saw this one with me and ended up liking it as well-it is a really good movie. We talked about if we had teens-it would give us a lot to discuss about the good choices and bad choices we make in life.
Since it was pg-13, our little guys stayed home. I don't think it is appropriate for small children. However~ you would be surprised how many we saw there.
(My Opinion~Why do people take six year olds to a teen movie? I don't get it...Call me conservative, but I don't want to explain what "condoms" are to my small children.) Anyways~
17 Again reminds you to appreciate the life you have-and I do.
17 Again reminds you to appreciate the life you have-and I do.
And Zac Ephron's acting was impressive. Really.

(...who *Hearts* Miley Cirus and Zac Ephron-and I know I am way too old for this!)



25 comments:
That's too funny! I love tween movies...I think they are cute. Maybe because their problems amount to someone not taking them to a dance or getting a pimple...and I can appreciate those problems that used to seem like the world was ending! I would love to see 17 Again, my students said it was really good.
I have yet to see either one of those movies, but as soon as the opportunity arises...I'm outta here! Abby has grown up loving Miley Cyrus...Brittany did, for awhile. She, of course, is TOO MATURE for her now! LOL! So, I definitely think the Hannah Montana movie is one Abby and I could enjoy together. I might be able to convince Chris to take me to see the Zac Efron movie...he IS a cutie!
well I am glad I am not the only one who wants to see it. My boys have no desire to see it, so I will just wait till it is on DVD.
I cannot understand why people take little ones to movies either.
Hey I have not only seen but own all the Harry Potter movies and often re-watch them. In fact for my bday or Christmas if a new HP movie (for instance number 6 due this July) my hubby takes me as a gift. he hates going to the movies and think HP is good but not something eh has to see (unlike me).
There isn't anything wrong with it!
As for kids, they should not be at a movie under the recommended age. I let my son watch HP 1 with me at home since it was pg and he's 7 (he didn't think it had enough action "too much talking mommy" lol) he prefers Star Wars.
I took my 3 teens to see "17 Again"...and we all loved it! I think I loved Zach more than they did. He is such a cutie!
I too saw some lady have 2 very young (maybe 5 & 6 year olds) children with her. I was absolutely apalled! That are these people thinking? If they want to see it they should A) Get a babysitter or B) Wait for it to come out on DVD!
Have a great weekend!
P.S. I wouldn't mind watching Hannah Montana too, but I would probably have to go by myself too!
Hmmmm.
Ruby Red is in desparate need of a little girl in her house.
That's my diagnosis.
Dr. Cobble sees you are lacking in eqivalent levels of estrogen in your home and thus need to seek out this fulfillment through these teen romance and melody flicks.
Take 2 hot romantic flings (WITH Tin Man) oh, say about the middle of the month...preferably days 12-16 and call me about day 28-32 in the morning with results.
Oh yeah, have Tin Man think bows and ruffles NOT footballs and trains as what it seems has been on his mind the past oh, 3 times!
Happy Friday!
.mac :)
If I were in town, I would have gone along with you! Funny, though, I didn't even know she had a movie out. Eli watches H.M. of a Saturday morning (well, he did before Soccer season started back...), and I wasn't so sure about it at first. So I watched it with him and had a good laugh. The only thing I get concerned about at times with the show is that there seems to be a bit of male-bagging, where the men are seen as daft and weak, and I don't like that, so I find myself talking about it later with Eli, and asking him what he thinks he may have said or done differently, or I give my slant on it... there's a lesson in everything!!! We've had some cool convoes out of it!:) And you are never too old for anything you like or enjoy, ever. Hey, I still like to read Little Women!!!... hahahahaha
I totally want to see 17 again, and I don't blame you for the Hannah Montana movie.
I also can't believe some of the movies people take their kids too. I saw 5 year olds at The Dark Knight last summer. I mean seriously people!
Well, I did go see Twilight last summer all by myself!! So I don't think you're being too outrageous!
I am guilty too. I want to see both of these movies. I do not watch rated r movies and these are my type. Maybe tomorrow but probably not we have baseball.
Cracking me up as usual! I haven't seen either of these movies but I have watched Twilight about four times now...oh to be 17 again! NOT!
You are so cute and funny! I was supposed to go see 17 Again the day I sprained my ankle and ended up in the ER. So, I still haven't seen that one, but I want to!
O.K. you've got me sold on the Hannah movie. We are as old as we feel. And if you feel like a teen, then in your heart you are. Nothing wrong with going to see it. I'm trying to think who would go with me to see it. Hmmmmm
Stop. Next you will be going to see the sequel to Twilight!
Oh wait! You liked Twilight!
I will say that I want to see the 17 movie...but I will pass on seeing Billy Ray mooch off his daughter yet again.
You my friend are the definition of a kid at heart!! Probably why your boys think you are the best thing since sliced bread!!!
i love this post :) i don't think i could handle hannah montana...i have to change the radio station in mylie cyrus comes on. but i am dying to see the zac efron movie!
oh, don't feel silly...I wanna see them, too! I'll wait til they're out at Redbox, though...NO ONE will go with me and i don't want to feel silly AND guilty for spending the money on a teen movie. :) hey, at least i don't watch the *real world* anymore ;)
I want to see 17 Again too...but who could I ask???
sandy toe
Everyone would think I was crazy.
I don't think you're looney, Ruby Red!! I took my daughter to see it opening weekend, too, and loved it! I was out at Walmart before work the day after Easter looking for the CD! You need to buy it! It's great!
I am not much for going to the theatre, but I do enjoy watching a good movie from the comfort of my own home. I will have to ask DH to put it on our Netflix list when it comes out on DVD.
We saw 17 again last weekend. We loved it!
And my two oldest kids saw Hannah Montana movie and gave it a 10! They liked it MORE than 17 again. I may have to see it...
Have a super weekend!
XOXO
Jen
Hey I know whatcha mean about going to see those movies. I took my nieces with me to see High School Musical 3. They were my cover! Lol!!!
I am dying to see 17 again, I am going to take the step daughters to see it. Again a cover :)
I want to see both of these movies! I know my husband will refuse so I'll have to go with a friend or by myself!
Glad you enjoyed both movies. As Jessica is 12 (nearly 13) I usually get to see all those types of films no problem but just recently she has started going on her own with her friends! Too bad you are so far away we could have gone together! I agree MC really has a great voice even my husband thought so when she was singing live recently on our TV. Did you see the 3D digital film/concert she did last year. That was great.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay
Hilarious! My boys watch Hannah Montana. (I think the older two have a secret crush!)
I don't know why people bring youong kids to teen movies--I don't let my teen go to some of those movies. You should have seen my oldest and me watching hockey the other night with the commercials they were showing! I thought I was going to die!
Sorry... I don't agree! I can't stand Miss Cyrus -I think she is a brat. HOWEVER... I would totally go see 17 Again. I bought High School Musical for myself when my daughter was a baby! I love me a good musical! Okay... what do you think about Marley & Me? My parents took all the grandkids (ages 7,5,4) to see the movie and then bought it for their house. They had it on and I was shocked at all the sex talk and the scene where they are in the hotel and the bed is squeaking! I have heard so many moms say they wont let their kids see the movie ... because the dog dies!!!... but they have nothing to say about the "sex" stuff. My daughter even said "Luke wants to have sex with you" AHHH, Luke is my son! I asked her where she heard that and she said Marley and Me and she said she didn't know what it meant. OMG
Okay that was a long comment! LOL
Post a Comment