Each Spring Break, I try to do some "educational" things with my boys. We are surrounded by amazing museums here in Michigan. On Spring Break, we visit a few different museums, and landmarks all week.
On Monday, we went to the:
The University of Michigan Museum is only about a thirty minute car ride from home, so this is where we were.
On the way to Ann Arbor, I was telling my boys the story of how I met Tin Man. It was HERE, in this awesome city! I was showing them the places we went for dinner, and took walks, and about how I volunteered at the Children's Hospital as a tutor.
My six year old said, "You mean to tell me, you weren't always a mom?"
Wow. I've only been a mom for eight years, but it really was the reminder that they only know me as "mom". I was honored.
I thought the boys would be so interested to see the Hubble Telescope exhibit, but they went back to their favorite place and spent a bunch of time:
They love the American Indian Exhibit. We practically can recite each vignette of Indian Tribes, and all about how they lived.
Seriously, ask me any Indian fact, and I most likely know it. We have been here many times before, and I have read the many boxes a few (million) times to them. I think little boys imagine themselves in the boxes with the little groupings of mini-American Indians!
It is pulling teeth to get them to look at another section of the museum...but that is fine with me-remember, I am just their mom today...
and I LOVE that.
I finally dragged them to their other favorite section of the museum...I call it the dead animal section:
Again, they race me to the floor, because this is another favorite place. However, I don't know the answers to all the animal questions they ask! (And dead stuffed animals are creepy, in my opinion...)
But, they love it~so I go with them...because...remember? I am their mom, and I wouldn't trade this for anything. ...Even a few creepy, dead animals!


(Silly-but we say that every time we see him...)This is my boy's favorite animal there! We are at University of Michigan looking at the mascot!!! (Remember, my boys are football fans~especially Michigan football!)

The best part of today?
Sharing a city I love with my boys and remembering the life I had before them...
~but also so thankful for the life
I have right this minute being a mom!
(Now here is the next educational thing on our list: The Hannah Montana Movie-now THAT is educational!)




11 comments:
What a wonderful memorable day you guys had! I love that you experienced a fun city with them-it is fun remembering the times before them but I am like you --nothing like the days and minutes of your life --Right Now!!! Enjoy the rest of your week - can't wait to hear about the rest of it.
Looks like you guys (and gal!) had a ball! I love going to museums and seeing thing through my daughter's eyes. I'm sure your boys will remember the fun you shared for a long, long time. You are an awesome mom in my book!
Museum to Hannah Montana...you are so funny but such a fun mom!
Have a great Spring Break doing what you love!
sandy toe
Love all the photos...they look like they are having a Blast...Have a wonderful Spring Break...Hugs..Julie
You are so good to take them on educational trips. We are doing something every day too on my boy's spring break, but to McDonald's to play there and to a community center where they have open gym full of trikes and balls etc. for kids under 5. My 10 year old still played there and loved it. Glad you enjoyed your day with your boys. These are the days of our lives!!!
How wonderful! It looks like you had a super time! I didn't realize that you live in Michigan. Where do you live? I grew up in Kalamazoo.
XOXO
Jen
Looks like they had a great time. I can only hope my little one will love to go to museums (at least something other than the childrens museum).
Sounds like such fun! I bet the boys had a grand time hanging with their mom!
Sounds like a fun spring break. I love when you can take kids to a museum and they appreciate it and have fun while learning! (And when they discover you weren't always a mom, that's cute!)
enjoy every minute of that spring break! i felt like ours fell a little short (on fun stuff, not time!) i love to see kids enjoying the museums. mine love them, too... but they do not get that from me! i am learning though... slowly but surely!
Looks like fun!
I don't think my boys have grasped the idea that there was a time before them yet either. My youngest always asks "where was I? was I there?"
Post a Comment