Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring (Sports) Are In The Air!


With three boys and one big boy, it is all about football around here in Fall and Winter...



...in case you need a refresher about my football feelings that I-try to-keep under wraps...)



But when spring hits, it is finally time for a sport I love and understand!!! (Thank God!) -My boys do to. (I would HATE to force them in to this...but I probabally would do that...)


I played league soccer as a kid, as a junior higher, and a little bit as a teen. AND~ some free trivia on Ruby Red Slippers~I also played on a league after Dancing Boy was born...(The hot pink shirt was a draw, as well as playing with others who were in the same boat as me-nursing moms who were trying to get back in shape...If you must know, our team didn't do so well-)

From a young age, I have encouraged my boys to play and love this sport...With their love of football so huge~I am so glad they have a little room in their heart for my favorite sport!

This is how we are spending our Spring weekends (YIPEE!):



(No, your eyes are not messed up! These pictures ARE very blury!)


I hope I am not one of THOSE crazy soccer moms....but I think I am!

Besides the spring soccer schedule, we have also been blessed with realitily of warm(ing) weather. Anything above fourty degrees is a welcome temprature here! We have been hanging outside as much as possible:



Finally!!! Spring (sports) are here! We are outside! We are loving life again after saying GOODBYE to all the snow!




post signature(Keeping our fingers crossed that Spring is Really here!)

15 comments:

April said...

Soccer is one sport I have never understood. Maybe it's because we've never gotten involved with it. For us, it's always been softball, basketball, or running.

Now, if I'm one of THOSE crazy track moms, certainly you're one of THOSE crazy soccer moms! Hey, for me, it's all about encouraging your kids to do the best they can and to have fun doing it!

Hope you have a great weekend and that snow stays away for a long, long time!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Yes, I too...will be sitting at many of soccer games this Spring...I have two games this weekend~

It's a fun sport and it is really starting to be exciting watching my son as he gets older and it's more competitive...

I try not to be a "soccer" mom but I think I am b/c my voice is gone on Monday :)!
sandy toe

2 Little Irish Boys said...

I hope Spring is finally here, too!! We have had a cold week here--yeah, today will be 72!!! Outside for us as well.

larkswing said...

So glad is spring is springing for you! Not a football fan myself! Enjoyed soccer when the boys played, but this year we are trying our hand at golf. I am glad that I don't have to go watch though . . yet.

Smiles!

Annikke said...

My boys have played soccer in the years past but this year I don't think they are going to. As a working mom I can't figure out how to get them to practice this year :-( They are ok with it, they are picking something else.

P.S. My weekend got cancelled because we have SNOW and lots of it!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I'm the exact opposite. My dad coached football and my brother played so I get it and like it. We didn't have soccer in my area growing up so I don't understand it. BUT I think I may give BBC a chance in the fall league. For now we are gearing up for swim team!

Janelle said...

I have one son, my 5 year old, who played soccer for the first time last fall and loved it. Happy spring and soccer to you and your boys!

Sandra said...

INDOOR soccer and sports? so cool...
I've never seen that before!

Anonymous said...

i love soccer! i hope my kids get into it someday. my hubby played when he was in high school!

be sure to swing by and enter the GIVEAWAY this weekend! It is SUPER cute and we are having 2 winners!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Glad to find you from SITS- we have three boys too and when they were younger soccer was our spring time activity too!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Both of my children played soccer, and I loved watching it. It is a sport I really enjoyed. Looks like you will be having fun with those boys. Have a great weekend! Jackie

LuLu said...

So glad you stopped by my blog I've had the best time reading your posts! darling boys!! i enjoy soccor too. played as a young girl and it's one of the sports I get besides tennis hee hee!
LuLu

Shannon said...

I think little kids playing soccer are so cute. Unfortunately I really do not understand the sport! :)

Ms. Tee said...

This is my favorite spring sport, too. I always loved to watch my son play when he was smaller. He's lost interest now, and grown so tall. I might try to talk him back into it, though. :)

Julie said...

now living in Europe we LOVE soccer! So fun... love those pics and love the picture on your sidebar of you and the boys!!!